3/10/13

Perspectives on Time



Seems we all want "more time".  So, does daylight savings time give the false impression that we actually do have more time?  Regardless of the season, we must be awake to see the sunrise or to witness awakening. 

Here, in no particular order are some of my personal observations regarding time interspersed with thought provoking quotes.

 
Either you choose to control your own time, or someone else will control it for you.
 
“Lives are made up of millions of choices.  Some are made for you, but
it’s the choices you make that counts the most.”  Fish! Tale 
 
The one who complains the most about lack of time is the one who mismanages it most. 
 
“I love having ten times as much stuff to do as I can possibly find time to do. 
That way, I can pick the one-tenth that I want to do most. 
But if I only have enough to just occupy all my time, I’m stuck doing all of
whatever stuff it happens to be.”    Marilyn VosSavant
 
When I feel the time crunch, I realize my priorities may be out of order.
 
“Those who force time are pushed back by time;
those who yield to time find time on their side.” The Talmud
 
Busy-ness does not mean business.  Activity does not mean productivity. 
 
“Indeed, rest and work may involve similar activities done in a different spirit. 
The question is not about the activity itself but about the orientation of our hearts.”
Paul Marshall 
 
When you don’t have time for a few minutes relaxation, that is when you need it most.
 
“If you don’t know the important, you become enslaved in the urgent.”  Don Schwieters
 
The pressures of the time crunch is a spiritual indication that we are eternal beings.
 
“We were not made for time… We were made for eternity, and even death
in its intrusive horror, merely functions as a transit point to
our ultimate destination,”  Dr. Ramesh Richard
 
The more in touch I am with the vastness of the universe, the more content I am to minister in my
       little corner of the world. 
 
“No, my child.  All our work is like a drop of water in the ocean.”  Mother Theresa
 
An ounce of pre-planning (organization) is worth a pound of extension time.  What gets scheduled, gets done.                      
“For every minute you spend planning, you can save from four to
ten times that amount of time in execution.”  My-Tyme 
 
Act on the wise words of Benjamin Franklin and make today count: “One today is worth two tomorrows.” 

No comments: